Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sleepless Night and a Busy, Stormy Day

Dave pulled an all-nighter (nearly) to finish a presentation for the office today. So far 2010 has been the year for burning the candle at both ends, whether for work or play. I don’t like doing that. I’m going to cut back on some activities and try to plan a little better.  Less stress is best!

When I did finally make it into bed last night, the cats, the kids and the storm conspired against me. First Mac & Cheesy wouldn’t settle down, running amok all over the house. Then H had a nightmare and couldn't get back to sleep. And then the storm threw in a little lightning on top of all the wind and rain. Thank goodness for the BART train, where I finally caught a few winks on the way in to work.

This evening after homework I coached the boys on baseball in preparation for their upcoming Little League try-outs. (Hey, my coaching is better than nothing!) I showed them the “ready position” when fielding, how to move to the ball, and how to use both the glove and their other hand to secure a ground ball.

Tomorrow maybe we’ll practice batting.