Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back and Forth

As you may have noticed, P hasn’t been with us for the last week and a half or so. P was my eighth foster child. He came to me when he was ten, and now he’s seventeen and a half. He has been living with various family members for the better part of last year.

Without going into detail, around Christmas time P said that he wanted to move back into Dave’s Home, and in fact we did move his belongings. But over the course of a few weeks he spent less and less time here, opting instead to be with his family members after school and on weekends. Last week I confronted him about his living arrangements and he basically said that he had changed his mind.

I don’t think P is making a wise decision, and I have tried many times now to convince him of this. I am troubled and very frustrated by this turn of events, but all I feel that I can do is keep the lines of communication open and hope for P’s wellbeing.


P around the time that he first moved into Dave’s Home.