Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Dinner

Early this afternoon we headed out to pick up H & K’s mother and big sister. Traffic was extra heavy – probably a mix of last minute shoppers and families traveling to their Christmas Eve dinners. Not long after we returned home, H & K’s remaining two sisters showed up, completing their family.

Before dinner we all watched “A Christmas Story,” which I consider a contemporary holiday classic. The kids and I have already watched it twice, and they are constantly asking me for a Red Rider 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle, to which I always reply, “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!”



My eighth foster kid, P, and his mom and her boy friend also joined us for dinner.

The menu for tonight was vegetable beef soup, fried new potatoes, corn, green beans, carrots and the pièce de résistance, a spiral cut honey glazed ham!

Dinner was pushed along by the kids, who were anxious to open their presents. They even elected to put off eating dessert until after opening their presents. Go figure?


Tomorrow I get to do the whole holiday dinner deal over again with my family and my friend, Tracy, and her family!  So, good night everyone, and Happy Christmas to you!!!