Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Around Those Bases

It’s done and they’re in! The next step is try-outs and the draft.  Yes, even the seven-year-old will be scrutinized by a contingent of volunteer coaches and then endure a possibly life-scarring draft -- if it were not conducted behind closed doors, thankfully. Not to fear, though, for everyone gets on a team in Little League Baseball.

The kids went bonkers during the hour long sign-up process, and my hand is cramping from filling out all the forms.  (This is gonna be a short post.)  But it’s smooth sailing -- or base running -- from here on out.

Of course I have no idea how I’m going to get two kids, who will be on two different teams, to two different weekday afternoon practices, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. After all, I’ve done it before. I don’t remember how I did it. Maybe it was so difficult that I blocked it out of my mind?  My God, Santayana was right!  Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

First base, second base, third base, home!
Around those bases we shall roam!

Oh yeah, we also got hair cuts with spiky moose gel.  We're gonna be raring party animals on Thursday.