Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday & Creepy Crawly Dismantling

Yesterday I had to perform major surgery on our creepy crawly pool cleaner. It’s a six-year-old Hayward Navigator that roams the bottom of the pool sucking up debris while the filter pump is running. I’m pretty sure mine is on its last legs – or whatever the heck makes it move. I cleaned every part I could get my mitts on and managed to get it working again, but it’s definitely a step or two slower than it was in its heyday. Plus some of the plastic parts are becoming brittle and breaking. I foresee an expensive trip to the local Leslies Pool Supply store in my future.


Over the weekend we also completed the holiday season ritual by taking down our tree, house lights and other decorations and packing them back away for next year. I always get a little depressed doing this. In so many ways it seems like just yesterday that we were putting all this stuff up! (In other ways it feels like an eternity.)


This time, however, I had a lot of help from the kids and especially P, who took the lead in unraveling the lights from around the tree. In past years I’ve been left to do all the take down myself.