Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bad News

Less than 24 hours after his return, P is gone again. I was too stunned to write about it last night.

Friday morning I drove him to school and we checked in with the registrar to get his class schedule. We were on time and everything seemed fine. Then, on my way home from work, I received an automated call from the school attendance office saying P had missed every class that day. How could that be?

When I got home P wasn’t there. All his stuff was still there, though. So, like the many other times this happened, I called his cell phone and every other number I knew trying to find out where he was. Around 9pm he finally answered my calls. He said that he couldn’t do it; couldn’t go to that school again and had to be with his family. He said he wasn’t coming back.

My emotions are still unsettled over this, but life has to go on.