Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve Day

All the humans living in Dave’s Home got up late this morning. Mac & Cheesy kittens were up very early and, as usual, when the sun rose, Cheesy retreated back under the bed in one of the kid’s rooms. The fish always get up at the same time because their "sun" is on a timer.

The kittens got a new litter box because they are both tremendous litter kickers, meaning they throw litter out of the box when doing their business. Not just a little, either, but huge mounds of litter and other stuff flung near and far! This new litter box is bigger and almost completely enclosed. It even has a door flap, but I’m going to remove it to start with so as not to confuse the kittens. This box also has a built-in litter sifter that sits in the box underneath the litter. To clean the box you simply lift the sifter up out of the litter. The small granules fall through holes and slits in the sifter, leaving the poop and other clumpy bits in the sifter, which can then be easily dumped into a trash bag. I sure hope this cleaning system works well!

I also picked up some No Scratch spray because the kittens (mostly Mac) are really tearing into some of my furniture. Let the battles begin!

Tonight Tracy, the kids and I are going to a New Years Eve party at a friend’s house. We’ve celebrated the coming of a new year with this family for the past three years. I’m going to bring some split pea soup, which I'm making from scratch using the last of our Christmas ham and its bone. I love the way the house smells when soup is cooking on the stove!

 

While I was cooking soup and watching Rear Window on TV, the kids helped out by washing the car. It hadn’t been cleaned since our trip to Yosemite and it really needed it. Thanks guys!



As this will be my last post of 2009, I wish you all a safe and happy New Year. See you in 2010!