Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sock Me in the Stomach Three More Times

The kids watched the movie Big with Tom Hanks the other day. They liked the part where the kids recited this secret poem.  They kept trying to repeat it, so I looked it up on the internet for them.  Now they say it everywhere we go -- or at least as much as they can remember.  Here is the poem:

"The space goes down, down baby, down, down the roller coaster.
Sweet, sweet baby, sweet, sweet, don’t let me go.
Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa pop. Shimmy, shimmy, rock.
Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa pop. Shimmy, shimmy, rock.
I met a girlfriend – a triscuit. She said, a triscuit – a biscuit.
Ice cream, soda pop, vanilla on the top.
Ooh, Shelly’s out, walking down the street, ten times a week.
I read it. I said it. I stole my momma’s credit.
I’m cool. I’m hot. Sock me in the stomach three more times."


A scene from the movie, "Big"