Monday, February 8, 2010

Three Day Update

Sorry for the lapse in blog posts, folks. Basically Friday and Saturday sucked so much that I didn’t feel like writing. Even now I don’t know what I want to say, especially since one of the main suckages remains unresolved. All I will say for now is that it involves P, and that he’s not dead.

Another feel-bad issue keeping me from writing kind of sprung from the former. Frankly, up until recently it’s felt right to write about the good things going on with my foster kids, and even alright to write about some of the tougher things that go on. But it gets uncomfortable when things really go south. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about this lately, and it’s led me to wonder whether it’s really OK to write about these kids at all. What if they read this blog one day? Others may not know who they are, but they’ll recognize themselves even with blurred out faces, won’t they?

I need to think about this some more, and to re-read my past blog entries with this concern in mind. In the meantime I’ll write about some benign goings on like the kittens and Super Bowl parties.