Thursday, January 7, 2010

K Interruptus

While home with the feverish K today, I spent some time working on a presentation for the office. Between Sponge Bob and Phineas and Ferb, little K came into my study. (By study I mean an extra bedroom turned into a home office and crammed with all the stuff I don’t want cluttering up the rest of the house.) K tapped me on the shoulder and the following conversation ensued.

K: Dave?

Dave: Yes, K.

K: Can I write something on your computer?

Dave: OK. Do you want to write something we can post on our blog?

K: Yes.

Dave: OK, but not on this (grabbed his hand before he could tap on the keyboard). This is important work stuff. Let’s open a new document. Now, tell me what you want to say and I’ll type it.

K: Say hi to my mom, and my sisters, and my brother, and... I don’t know what else to say.

Dave: How about telling them how you feel?

K: Sick.

Dave: What kind of sick?

K: It hurts when I swallow, and I’m hot.

Dave: Have you been hungry?

K: Yeah.

Dave: What did you eat for lunch?

K: A Hot Pocket.

Dave: What flavor of Hot Pocket did you eat?

K: Cheese. Cheese and ham, mixed together.

Dave: Was it good?

K: Yes. Can I go play my DS now?


That’s it! What did you expect?  He's barely seven!


K back on the couch
with Mac and his DS.