Sunday, December 27, 2009

Squeakquel

Our first night with the new kittens went well. The more adventurous one, who I’ve decided to rename Mackenzie (from Maxi), is now quite at home in the house, racing about, batting anything that moves, and taking turns napping on anyone sitting or laying around.

Cheesy, on the other hand, is taking her sweet time getting to know everything and everyone. She came out of her shell a bit (or her fur, in her case) around 2am this morning, mewing and playing a little bit, and even nuzzling with me on my bed for a while. I thought that maybe she would be more like her outgoing sister in the morning, but when the kids woke up she went back into hiding. We’ll have to be more patient with her, I guess.

I chose the name Mackenzie, by the way, because now we can call the kittens Mac & Cheesy – as in Kraft Macaroni & Cheese – which happens to be a favorite food of most kids, including H & K. Plus their fur is the same color as the cheese sauce.

In the afternoon Tracy and I took the kids to see the latest Alvin and the Chipmunks movie – The Squeakquel. The kids gave it at least one thumb up, and there were scenes that amused us adults. Afterward the whole crew came over to Dave’s Home for a dinner of leftover ham and rib roast, and Tracy got to meet the kittens for the first time.


From "Alvin and the Chipmunks:
The Squeakquel"