Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow at Dave’s Home

Early this morning, while I was still in bed, Tracy called. She excitedly told me that it had snowed last night and that I should get the kids up so they could play in it. I went to the window and, sure enough, there was about an inch of snow on the front lawn!


I did wake the kids. They got dressed in record time and spent twenty minutes playing in the snow with the neighbor kids before school. When we got home in the evening the snow had all melted, but a small snowman that they built was still standing!



I’ve lived in the San Francisco Bay area since 1976 and can only recall snow falling and sticking down at this elevation maybe once or twice. This is rare! As proof you should have seen all the people outside their homes in their PJs with their cameras clicking away. I’m sure those of you reading from places that normally get snow are laughing at us fair-weather Californians!