Monday, December 14, 2009

Countdown to Yosemite

We leave for Yosemite National Park in five days. It looks like the weather will be perfect for us -- knock on wood. Another storm is due to pass through this week, followed by clear skies. Here is a web camera snapshot taken this morning of the Ahwahnee Meadow with Half Dome in the distance and everything covered in a nice blanket of snow!



Another timely happening is that the Badger Pass ski area plans to open the day before we arrive. This means the kids will probably get to try out skiing for the first time. I’m excited for them!

Over the next few days I’ll take all my snow gear down from storage in the garage and find snow pants, boots and gloves for the kids. Over the years I’ve collected snow clothes for all sizes. I doubt that I’ll have to buy anything new this season.