Saturday, December 5, 2009

Basketball and Holiday Lights

This morning the boys had YMCA basketball practice. Just before leaving for the gym the kids tried to pump up their basketballs. By the time I came to help them two pump inflation pins had broken. When you’re a parent you must stock up on items like this.


During practice little K was on fire at the hoop. At one point I think he swooshed seven in a row! Unfortunately both teams lost their scrimmages. They haven’t yet understood how to “get open” on offense, and how to guard another player on defense. They sure had fun, though!


After practice we stopped at the school craft fair to look for gifts and maybe a few more holiday decorations. The boys found Christmas gifts for their three sisters, but I can’t tell you what we bought because the girls may read this blog and that would spoil their surprise!

The afternoon was dedicated to decorating the house for the holidays. Little K helped me a lot with this. H used this time away from his brother to play video games by himself.




One of the things I do to make sure the lights work correctly is spray the fuses in each strand with Corrosion Block. My Dad, Tioga-George, left me this can a few years ago.

We now have two snowmen, and a house that glows with icicle lights!













Tomorrow Tracy and I are taking the kids to see “Nutcracker” in San Francisco. This is supposed to be kind of a kid’s version of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker ballet, complete with a live orchestra. I’m excited! It’s been quite a few years since I’ve seen the Nutcracker.